This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONHorseshoe Bay Resort, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, is an exceptional, uniquely Texas, AAA-four diamond lakeside resort. Our Associates are the reason we deliver superior customer service and have been named as one of the Best Resorts in Texas. If you know how to deliver five star customer service with true Texas hospitality, then we would love to have you as part of the team!
2 Positions - Lantana and Yacht Club
Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and kitchen staff. Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Prepare special meals or substitute items. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
* Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
* Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures.
* Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
* Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state and federal regulations.
* Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
* Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, and diplomacy.
* Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
* Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations.
* Technical, Trade or Vocational School degree is required.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to follow instructions.
* Previous Supervisory experience in kitchen preferred.
* Ability to maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to interact positively with co-workers and have a strong sense of TEAM.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.