Kitchen Supervisor 10/12/2017
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assist with the planning and managing of the kitchen as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
* Supervise the production, preparation and presentation of all foods for the hotel as assigned by the Executive Chef to ensure that a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI/Franchise standards.
* Supervise Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline, as appropriate.
* Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
* Monitor and control all labor and food costs through scheduling, training and supervising the production of the food to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
* Assist in the creation and planning of menus and daily specials; implement the necessary production changes to attract new business and ensure current guest satisfaction.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Minimum one year of post high school education, preferably at Culinary Institution.
* Three to four years of employment in a related position.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled