Lab Animal Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin The Winning Team Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Animal Technician to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, Building #33.
OVERVIEW: Responsible for all activities required for the proper care and maintenance of NIAID Division of Intramural Research animals.
Description of Duties:
* Maintain the sentinel animal program
* Maintain accurate and detailed records
* Maintain animal health records
* Perform prescribed treatments on animals
* Read and understand technical requirements stated in Animal Study Protocols and discern discrepancies between technical requests and ASP s
* Perform or assist investigators to perform technical procedures, these include but are not limited to immunizations, bleeding of experimental animals, harvesting tissues or organs using aseptic techniques, peritoneal lavages, cell counts, food or liquid consumption studies, and splenectomies
* Restrain, handle, and manipulate various animal species
* Perform daily animal health surveillance checks and report any abnormal conditions of either the animals or the animal room environment to the appropriate person
* Prepare and submit required written records, charts, logs, and inventories in a timely manner
* Maintain surgical equipment
* Perform procedures requiring various levels of biohazard containment
* Perform routine animal care as needed
* Report any abnormal conditions of the animal facility or immediate vicinity to supervisory staff
* Perform other duties as assigned
Schedule: All employees are expected to perform their duties as assigned, arrive to work at 7:00 am and depart at 3:30 pm M-F. Weekend work is required as scheduled. The weekend/ holiday hours are from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (no more than 8 hours per day). In addition, you may be expected to work extra hours during an emergency situation or if any unexpected situation arise until work is completed..