Lab Technologist - PRN - Stat Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 6/12/2018
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Performing standard laboratory procedures requiring a broad use of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
* Performing clerical functions associated with the processing of specimens (identifying, labeling, and delivering to designated areas with the department).
* May be required to perform venipuncture and blood collection procedures for patients and inpatients.
* Performing basis computer systems functions, such as running reports, retrieving results, entering results and communicating specimen requirements to outside customers.
* Preparing and performing all functions related to the proper handling of specimens which are sent to reference laboratories for testing.
* Performing quality control and quality assurance associated with laboratory procedures
* May be required to be on night and weekend call rotation for the laboratory
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE APPLY:
* Generalist experience in a hospital environment preferred.
* Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or in Medical Technology from an accredited institution required
* Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or Associates degree in Medical Technology preferred
* Minimum one year clinical laboratory externship and documentation of training appropriate for testing performed required (in lieu of 1 year experience, may consider candidates who successfully complete an Einstein internship)
* Experience in a specific area of the lab may be required
* Successful completion of national certification exam (ASCP, AMT, or HEW ) preferred
* Must consistently demonstrate competence in all procedures on annual skill assessment, as per CLIA
* ASCP preferred
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.