Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of duties in general manual laborer work including the clean-up of all plants, offices, yards and quarries, which includes repetitive heavy lifting, shoveling, hand work, climbing and performing work at different heights; assists in any equipment operation and servicing when needed using basic tools to accomplish the work such as shovels, brooms, wheelbarrows, etc.; and perform all other tasks not specifically indicated.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Must comply with company, state and governmental environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures at all times.
* Cleans and disposes of waste materials, debris, residue from, on top of, and out of offices, lime houses, roofs, venture scrubbing systems, basements, silos, bins, storage areas, kilns, mills, screen and screen areas, grates, under conveyor belts and between rollers, crushers, catwalks, tail pulley, rail cars, tankers truck paths, rail tracks, driveways, and all yard areas including the quarries and maintenance areas.
* Fill in or operate any equipment and assist operators as assigned
* Operate forklift and / or skid steer both safely and efficiently.
* Perform all duties assigned regarding the operation of a vacuum truck.
* Report any potential operational or safety problem to supervisor.
* Tell Management about any safety hazards, repairs, or help that is needed to operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
* Perform pre-shift inspections and document them.
* Operate the plant within its means to help minimize issues that could occur from break downs and plug up.
* Perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
* Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
* Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office products and SAP.
* Strong record of attendance reliability.
* Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
* Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
* The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
* The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
* Ability to frequently lift/carry 50 pounds.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years. Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is highly preferred. Previous heavy equipment experience is desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
FOR THIS POSITION, BEING AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. IS A PRECONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)