This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling and trading. With over 80 locations, The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE), a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
River Metals Recycling (RMR), a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity as a Laborer at our Xenia, OH facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
3. Operate small equipment such as a forklift.
4. Able to understand environmental policies and able to maintain a clean work environment as it pertains to our policies and procedures.
5. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other teammates as needed.
6. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
2. Minimum of 1 year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
3. Ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
4. Ability to operate essential equipment (forklift, bobcat, etc.).
5. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
6. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
7. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
8. Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, bonus potential, and 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
River Metals Recycling is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. RMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p