#84004 Epic ICON Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
University of California - San Diego Medical Centers
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis posting will remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 08/31/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
The Clinical Systems Informaticst will actively contribute to an innovative team dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery and quality outcomes. Incumbent will primarily work with our Epic ICON application that is being implemented in the next twelve months. This application will be used by our Infection Prevention and Clinical Epidemiology team here at UC San Diego Health. Incumbent will gain knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and will work closely with the project team's senior application analysts and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality. Incumbent will build data sets, master files and reports, perform quality assurance and integrated testing, and release new functionality to end-users. Incumbent will be responsible for reviewing vendor software releases and updates to test features desired and then implement them within UCSD Health System. Incumbent will assist in maintaining current test and training environments and will participate in training end-users. Incumbent will provide 7/24 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
Level 3: Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems / issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
Clinical Application Professional 3: Applies skills as a seasoned clinical applications professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or portions of large projects.
* Plans, implements and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
* Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality. Organizes medical record tools and data. Applies innovation in management of complex scenarios.
* Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades. Plans and develops improvements in functionality and efficiency of clinical applications. Liaison between vendors and IT leadership.
* Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity. Performs systems analysis, planning and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client / vendor coordination.
* Designs and conducts user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and / or operating systems at all levels of complexity. Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
* Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors. Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
* Participates in development of complete, concise and comprehensive polices and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff.
* Realigns based upon business and clinical needs. Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges. Documents issues and develops / communicates plans to address.
* Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
* Other duties as assigned.
Incumbent will be required to be certified in an assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first 6 months of employment.
Incumbent must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendor's training a second time for the same class.
Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
Demonstrated ability to provide expert consultative guidance and direction on change initiatives affecting clinical care processes.
Demonstrated ability in workflow and data analysis and design techniques, including needs assessment, specification development, quantitative methods, planning and gap analysis.
Ability to effectively utilize system tools to meet functionality needs of users.
Ability to plan and organize day-to-day activities along with short and long-term projects; in-depth knowledge of organizational and project planning processes and ability to produce and maintain high quality planning documents.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Experience and proven success in information systems implementation, development and support within a large-scale healthcare organization.
Epic ICON certified or in another Epic clinical application.
Implementation or end-user experience with Clinical Documentation systems.
Demonstrated experience as a major participant in a clinical system implementation.
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Must pass a background check.
Must pass physical and TB test.