#83985 Epic Beacon Analyst 9/2/2016
University of California - San Diego Medical Centers
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position will remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 08/30/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
The Clinical Systems Application Analyst will actively contribute to an innovative team dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery and quality outcomes. Incumbent will primarily work with our Beacon application that is used in multiple infusion centers across UC San Diego Health. Our Moores Cancer Center is San Diego's only National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center in San Diego.
We are currently expanding our infusion center by adding additional space into a new state of the art facility on our La Jolla campus. This position will also be involved in the support of apheresis, acute dialysis and other Epic applications.
Incumbent will gain knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and will work closely with the project team's senior application analysts and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality. Incumbent will build data sets, master files and reports, perform quality assurance and integrated testing, and release new functionality to end-users.
Incumbent will be responsible for reviewing vendor software releases and updates to test features desired and then implement them within UCSD Health System. Incumbent will assist in maintaining current test and training environments and will participate in training end-users. Incumbent will provide 7/24 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
Clinical Application Professional: Involves design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems. Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs. Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols. Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Level 3: Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems / issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
Clinical Application Professional 3: Applies skills as a seasoned clinical applications professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or portions of large projects.
* Plans, implements and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
* Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality. Organizes medical record tools and data. Applies innovation in management of complex scenarios.
* Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades. Plans and develops improvements in functionality and efficiency of clinical applications. Liaison between vendors and IT leadership.
* Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity. Performs systems analysis, planning and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client/vendor coordination.
* Designs and conducts user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and/or operating systems at all levels of complexity. Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
* Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors.
* Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed. Participates in development of complete, concise and comprehensive polices and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff. Realigns based upon business and clinical needs.
* Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges. Documents issues and develops/communicates plans to address. Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
Required to be certified in an assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first 6 months of employment.
Must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendor's training a second time for the same class.
Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
Experience and proven success in information systems implementation, development and support within a large-scale Healthcare organization.
A Bachelor's Degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area; and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
Demonstrated ability to provide expert consultative guidance and direction on change initiatives affecting clinical care processes.
Proven ability in workflow and data analysis and design techniques, including needs assessment, specification development, quantitative methods, planning and gap analysis.
Ability to plan and organize day-to-day activities along with short and long-term projects; in-depth knowledge of organizational and project planning processes and ability to produce and maintain high quality planning documents.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively utilize system tools to meet functionality needs of users.
Experience as a major participant in a clinical system implementation.
Epic Beacon certified or in another Epic clinical application.
Must be able to work various hours & locations based on business needs.
Must pass a background check.
Must pass physical and TB test.