#83781 Epic EMR Orders Manager 9/2/2016
University of California - San Diego Medical Centers
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position will remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 08/30/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
The Epic EMR Orders Manager will actively lead a team focused on ordering workflows within the enterprise EMR. The incumbent will manage analysts with purview over laboratory, radiology, consult and other orders-based workflows in the EMR. This is a working manager position. The applicant will need to have in-depth knowledge of the Epic EMR software to be able to customize, build and design system solutions within Epic. Work closely with the various teams and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality. Positions at this level focus on analytical support and project management and have expert skills and understanding related to building data sets, master files and reports. Incumbent will be responsible for reviewing vendor software releases and updates to test features desired and then implement them within UCSD Medical Center's system(s). Provides 7/24 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
This position receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the processes by which to attain them. Provides direction, sets priorities, and analyzes workflow for clinical applications subordinate staff, according to established policies and management guidance. Provides senior management with input on personnel matters and recommendations for changes to department policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities: Supervises and coordinates daily operations and activities of clinical applications team. Evaluates quality and productivity of work with regard to optimal user experience and functionality of systems.
* Supervises implementation of clinical applications methods, systems, processes, with responsibility for meeting project goals, objectives, and timelines within budgets.
* Selects, develops and evaluates staff, or provides input to management to ensure efficient operations. Recommends salary actions, terminations, performance ratings and other personnel matters.
* Supervises, monitors, documents, and reports on new program development, including systems analysis, planning, programming, testing, deployment, and coordination between client and vendor.
* Oversees the support system for end users, which includes training users in application workflows and procedures, development of user aids and tools, troubleshooting and resolving user problems, and coordinating outside service and support as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
Five (5) or more years of relevant experience.
Experience and proven success in effectively leading and supervising a technical team and managing the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with clinical applications.
Three (3) or more years of experience as an Epic Orders Analyst with an Epic Certification in Orders, Order Transmittal or Charge Router.
Demonstrated ability in specification development, quantitative methods, system documentation and change management.
Proven ability to effectively use vendor-provided and/or other computing tools to tailor systems and applications to meet specifications and user requirements.
Demonstrated experience as a major participant in a clinical system implementation.
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Must pass a background check.
Must pass physical and TB test.