#83712 Epic EMR Link and Haiku Analyst 9/16/2016
University of California - San Diego Medical Centers
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The description and qualifications of this position have been slightly modified as of 11/29/2016.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 08/29/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
This posting shall remain open until filled.
Clinical Systems Application Analyst actively contribute to an innovative team dedicated to establishing a new foundation for advancing clinical delivery and quality outcomes. The Epic Link/ Haiku-Canto Application Analyst will be responsible to implement, build, maintain and optimize Epic EMR system for Epic Link/Haiku-Canto EMR. They have in-depth knowledge of the Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and work closely with the project team's clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality. Positions at this level focus on analytical support and project management and have expert skills and understanding related to building data sets, master files and reports.
Clinical Analysts fulfill multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management, and on-going support of comprehensive clinical information systems. Works to maintain and optimized Epic Link/Haiku-Canto for our primary care and specialties clinics. Functions within Epic EMR software, as well as medical center operations and workflow, and will work closely with the project team and clinical leaders to translate business needs into EMR functionality. Builds data sets, master files and reports, perform quality assurance and integrated testing, and release new functionality to end-users. Responsible for reviewing vendor software releases and updates to test features desired and then implement them within UCSD Medical Center's system(s). Assists in maintaining current test and training environments and will participate in training end-users. Provides 7/24 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
* Experience and proven success in information systems implementation, development and support within a large-scale healthcare organization.
* 3 or more years of relevant experience.
* EPIC Certification preferred.
* Incumbent will be required to be certified in assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first 6 months of employment. Incumbent must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendor's training a second time for the same class.
* Experience as a major participant in a clinical system implementation.
* Experience as team lead, project lead, or project manager.
* Epic Ambulatory or Mobile Apps experience.
* Experience with relevant Epic modules: EpicCare Ambulatory and Haiku/Canto
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.