- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
lang: en US
University of California - San Diego Medical Centers University of California - San Diego Medical Centers
San Diego, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
CLIN APPLICATIONS PROFL 3
Commensurate with Experience
Variable, 8 hrs/day, Variable
#83838 CLINICAL INFORMATICIST - WOMEN AND INFANTS
Filing Deadline: TUE 10/25/2016
This posting has been changed from Internal to External, all applicants are welcome to apply!
This posting shall remain open until filled.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 08/30/2016 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible ACCES or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for Special Selection.
This Clinical Informaticist is a blended information services / nursing role focused on advancing the use of technology to improve nursing workflow and the patient experience. This position, registered nurse preferred, will be engaged in managing technical systems that impact nursing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project management for software programs utilized in the Women & Infants Division such as the Mothers Own Milk System, Hero, RTLS systems, Newborn Channel/Your NICU Baby, HUGGS, Natus Hearing Screening software, web cam system, and the integration of these systems. This role will collaborate with other IS professionals with the integration of these systems to support nursing. Analysts assist in maintaining current test and training environments and support end user training. This is an Information Services position is part of a team that provides 7/24 problem management support and resolution for clinical systems.
Clinical Application Professional: Involves design, building, testing, and implementation of clinical application systems. Provides support to clinical users through knowledge of clinical processes, documentation needs, workflows, and clinical practice standards, when adapting software to meet their needs. Works with clinicians to create or adapt written protocols. Prepares detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk and impact analysis. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
Level 3: Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems / issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
Clinical Application Professional 3: Applies skills as a seasoned clinical applications professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or portions of large projects.
* Plans, implements and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
* Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality. Organizes medical record tools and data. Applies innovation in management of complex scenarios.
* Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades. Plans and develops improvements in functionality and efficiency of clinical applications. Liaison between vendors and IT leadership.
* Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity. Performs systems analysis, planning and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client / vendor coordination.
* Designs and conducts user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and / or operating systems at all levels of complexity. Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
* Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors. Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
* Participates in development of complete, concise and comprehensive polices and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff.
* Realigns based upon business and clinical needs. Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges. Documents issues and develops / communicates plans to address.
* Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
* Other duties as assigned.
Incumbent will be required to be certified in an assigned EMR vendor's product/module within the first 6 months of employment.
Incumbent must satisfy all vendor testing requirements to be certified without needing to attend vendor's training a second time for the same class.
Three (3) or more years of relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
Demonstrated ability to provide expert consultative guidance and direction on change initiatives affecting clinical care processes.
Demonstrated ability in workflow and data analysis and design techniques, including needs assessment, specification development, quantitative methods, planning and gap analysis.
Ability to effectively utilize system tools to meet functionality needs of users.
Ability to plan and organize day-to-day activities along with short and long-term projects; in-depth knowledge of organizational and project planning processes and ability to produce and maintain high quality planning documents.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Experience and proven success in information systems implementation, development and support within a large-scale healthcare organization.
Demonstrated experience as a major participant in a clinical system implementation.
In-depth knowledge of the Epic EMR software or related programs, as well as medical center operations and workflow.
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Must pass a background check.
Must pass physical and TB test.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. U.S. News and World Report s annual "America s Best Hospitals" report has repeatedly ranked UC San Diego Health as the #1 health system in San Diego. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.