Large Market Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President (Richmond, VA or Raleigh, NC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt in either Richmond, VA or Raleigh, NC. As a Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President, you will report directly to the Vice President.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Assistant Vice President
* Experienced Consultant, with in-depth health and benefits knowledge, practical application and consulting skills, leads projects and overall client relationships, beginning to demonstrate leadership skills.
* Leads client work; takes ownership of client deliverables, manages project plans and open issues, leads client meetings, assesses risks.
* Manages projects and teams. Leads with little oversight. Identifies and secures resources as appropriate.
* Leverages through delegating work to colleagues. Ensures own work and work of junior colleagues is complete and thorough.
* Has responsibility for overall review of deliverables.
* Looks for opportunities to expand current client relationships. Assists with sales opportunities and presents at finalist meetings.
* Demonstrates advanced health and benefits technical and consultative skills/expertise.
* Often considered a deep subject matter expert in health and benefits.
* Possesses advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
* Understands how H&B fits into broader benefits and Total Rewards context and the human capital management needs of our clients; links that understanding to other lines of business and other opportunities to help our clients solve their problems.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Seven to ten years of client facing experience at an insurance company or brokerage/or consulting experience in the Health and Welfare discipline, with a strong emphasis on health care benefits experience.
* Specific areas of expertise needed for this position include long-term strategic planning, benefit plan design, RFP development and response review, carrier negotiations, stewardship report preparation, benchmark analysis, client financial analysis, and carrier contract reviews.
* Strong project management experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Broad business knowledge/perspective
* Team building skills
* Business development experience (desired but not required)
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2435222
LOCATION: United States, VA, Richmond