This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocations US-NC-Charlotte
Posted Date 6 days ago
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte s financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position ensures that all Housekeeping linens are processed in a timely manner meeting the expectations of Omni Hotels & Resorts standards while minimizing as much discarded product as possible.
* Sorting of dirty linen from laundry chute to be processed.
* Operating all washers, dryers, ironers and towel folders
* Stacking clean items into laundry bins/trucks to be delivered to the guest room floors or Food & Beverage areas.
* Operating smaller washers/dryers to process specialty items or special requests for guests.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of the department at all times.
* Adhere by safety and sanitization regulations as instructed by OSHA and the Omni Hotels & Resorts.
* Previous housekeeping/environmental services and/or hotel experience strongly preferred.
* Able to work with Management on special projects.
* Able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time up to the entire shift. Requires repetitive motion.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
* Must be able to push and pull objects up to 100 pounds on a regular basis, throughout the shift.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch on a regular basis.
* Must be able to understand and follow directions in the spoken language of the work area.
* Able to utilize commercial laundry equipment effectively
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Must live within 100 miles of the hotel location..