Lead Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/31/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Telecom Application Developer s role is to design, develop, test, deploy, support and reporting of telecom related applications and integrations. This includes complex mix of technologies provided by Avaya, Aspect, Nuance, Witness and other world class companies. They will provide application development between the VOIP based call processing system, speech recognition IVR systems, CTI devices, intelligent call routing systems, compliance and quality recording system, workforce management system, call management system and all other devices related to the enterprise platform. The Telecom Application Developer will interact with Avaya and other telecommunications vendors and work directly with TWC regional and divisional contacts to design and develop IVR call flows, Screen pop applications, web services to create a services based architecture for all contact center applications to use. They will provide assistance with contact center reporting and other related tasks, interact with the manufacturers technical support groups to resolve complex problems, and maintain detailed documentation to include the architectural layout, inter-machine process flow, database schemas and other material related to the telecommunications infrastructure. They will also work as part of the team by providing technology solutions suggestions and recommendations to help enhance or streamline the contact center.
Essential Job FunctionsEssential Job Functions:Design & Development
- To gather requirements for new applications by working with business owners and to conceptualize designs of new IVR, CTI, Web Services and other Telecommunications technologies using industry standards.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing telephony systems and develop solutions for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Define Web services architecture and overall web infrastructure.
- Develop and communicate Web services usage.
- Design CTI based solutions to improve sharing and business rules usage of call information and routing.
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and issues in support of development efforts.
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web applications.
- Strong working knowledge of using industry standard Design patterns. Testing & Deployment
- Run test using tools to validate process and data, do system testing by placing calls and validating responses and data.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web, Database and Telephony features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Install and configure HTTP servers, establish appropriate server directory trees, and deploy applications.
- Update Web services to ensure accuracy and currency.
- Test database performance to validate application availability and scale and to make sure applications perform as expected.Support
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to other team members.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Telecom and Web applications.
- Create fixes and patches for issues identified and to coordinate the hardening of infrastructure.Reporting & Monitoring
- Monitor and report on IVR, CTI, Web application traffic and performance.
- Work with monitoring team to make sure telecom and web environments are monitored.
- Work with corporate reporting to provide input on the use of application data for reporting.
- Create reports to ensure system is working as expected and performing appropriately.
- Support the standard reporting needs of the organization and to provide standard methods of accessing all telecom reporting data.
Job Requirements:Job Requirements:Formal Education & Certification
- 5-10 years related work experience with .Net Development (C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Visual Studio, IIS)
- 5-10 year related work experience with HTML//HTML5/CSS, Ajax, Jquery
- 5-10 year related work experience with JSON, JSONP, XML/XSL, Web-Services
- 5-10 year related work experience with Oracle, MSSQL DBMS
- 2 years related work experience with Cable Billing Systems (Such as ICOMS and CSG)
- 2 years related work experience with Avaya Telecommunications (Common Telephony Concepts, Avaya JTAPI/TSAPI, CMS Reporting, SIP, VXML and CCXML development).Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience of java programming languages with advanced concepts like Multi-threading and Socket Programming.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including tcp, udp, and ip.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in application environments.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of application server hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and mainframe applications.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.Personal Attributes
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.