Lead Cloud Engineer 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LEAD CLOUD ENGINEER
Job ID: 2017-15849
Location: Plano, TX
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Lead Cloud Engineer evaluates and react to all technical issues within the SAN/NAS and backup environments. The Lead will use technical knowledge and ability to work with others to solve technical issues in a timely fashion including outages, both scheduled and non-scheduled. Must work with Management to monitor and ensure the successful completion of projects as related to a documented project plan. An individual in this position will work towards making the IT storage infrastructure more reliable and robust by implementing more advanced tools, technologies and skills. The Lead position may be expected to technically mentor storage administrators within the group and, if a new technology should arise, recommend a training curriculum to enhance the team s overall technical skill set. This position will be called upon to represent IT by internal and external organizations and is expected to understand and react to the technical issues affecting IT s storage infrastructure.
* College degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of seven years previous system administration experience on multiple operating
* systems (Unix, VMWare and Linux are preferred).
* Extensive prior knowledge/experience in design and implementation of SAN/NAS devices (EMC Clariion, Symmetrix, Celerra).
* Extensive prior knowledge/experience in designing and implementation of Director class fibre switches (Cisco and McData).
* Extensive prior knowledge of backup tools, both hardware and software (EMC s Avamar, Networker, DataDomain).
* Prior knowledge of software tools from EMC (Data Protection Advisor, ECC, ProSphere) is desirable.
* Prior experience in providing technical support to the storage administration group.
* Excellent coordination and time management skills.
* A solid understanding of server technologies on various operating systems.
* A solid understanding of SAN/NAS technologies as it relates to a distributed environment
* A solid understanding of backup products and performance.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills with co-workers, vendors and customers.
* Ability to solve and document problems quickly and completely.
* Demonstration of strong decision making skills.
* Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
* Strong understanding of backup operating systems.
* Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* Possess excellent analytical and decision making skills.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Flexible working hours.
* Moderate travel with little or no notice.
* Required to participate in an on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..