Lead LNG Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Lead LNG Project Manager to join our Northeast Utilities Team to support the effective execution of our long-term business development Plan.
This position will be based in our Client s office in Waltham, MA/Reservoir Woods
Fundamental to our Plan is to consistently exceed our utility client s expectations by providing flawless engineering and project management services to targeted Northeast Utility accounts. Critical to the success of this position will be to demonstrate proven experience and relationships with project owners supporting utility capital improvement projects. In a team capacity, this candidate will be managing complex Gas construction projects.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of assigned projects in accordance with Client s project management processes defined by scope, schedule and quality. Providing leadership and clear direction to the project team is essential. The Lead LNG Project Manager will have high level competencies in the gas utility environment, stakeholder management, scheduling, matrix team project management, financial forecasting, conflict resolution, change management, process flow, risk management and reporting.
The qualified application will have strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera P6. This role requires the ability to travel. Travel regions could vary from the Merrimack Valley/Boston area to southern Rhode Island and Cape Cod.
* Perform Project Management functions to ensure the successful completion of large-scale capital construction projects, which will allow for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to existing and future customers.
* Such projects include: transmission pipelines, distribution main, public works, peak-shaving facilities (LNG), regulator/take stations, ridge/railroad/water crossings, and other special capital projects.
* Manage all aspects of assigned project(s) including:
* Communications and team leadership
* Development and approval of scope, cost estimate, schedule and resource plan
* Control of project scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters/risk management
* Compliance with environmental, safety and standards and policies
* Acquisition of required permits, licenses and land rights
* Engineering and design deliverables
* Contracted services, equipment and material procurement and administration
* Construction, interfacing with operations, and commissioning
* Close-out activities with project acceptance
* Project status reports to team members and stakeholders
* Promote a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization both throughout the department, the project team(s) and project support groups including Engineering & Design departments, Operations, Asset Management groups, Supply Chain Management, Business and Commercial Services, Real Estate, Environmental and Administrative Service groups.
* Provide project management consulting and expertise for peers within the Engineering & Design groups. Seek and promote best practices approach to project management within the team and work group.
* 7+ Years experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience
* Certified Project Management Professional preferred
* Experience with successful delivery of complex projects and possesses team leadership skills
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills
* Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner
* Knowledge of gas system operations, gas industry codes and regulations, construction, environmental, engineering economics
* Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints
* Demonstrate openness to change
* Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven
* Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members can discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement
* Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal)
* Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, construction management, interpersonal and written communications, and critical analysis
* Experience with Primavera P6
* Experience forecasting and scheduling
* Valid driver s license with a safe driving history required
A Bachelor s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering, and construction experience in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations. MBA preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)