Lead Operating Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Lead Operating Engineer
Auto Req ID
Supervises and directs maintenance personnel in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. This person is responsible for supervising, scheduling and coordinating the activities of the operating team. They will assume the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager, in their absence.
* Supervises and directs the maintenance staff and monitors the performance of their assigned responsibilities.
* Performs and/or directs all maintenance department service requests , ensuring that the work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption, inconvenience and with adequate clean up.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition and help facilitate root cause analysis.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Annually implement at least one cost savings action relating to energy or utility consumption.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies
* Prepares and submits purchase order requests
* Develops sources for stock materials
* Performs periodic checks for supplies
* Orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance, and installation of new equipment and facilities
* Maintains inventory
* Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff
* Demonstrates the proper use and care of tools and instruments
* Gives hands-on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures
* Recommends relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment
* Instills an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance
* Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program
* Schedules preventative maintenance with minimum disruption of building services
* Performs and/or delegates preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work
* Ensures the timely performance of maintenance contract work
* Oversees the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer
* Secures equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma
* Minimum 2 years of trade or vocational schooling or apprenticeship in electrical, piping/plumbing, refrigeration or HVAC.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Healthcare facility/plant engineering maintenance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Thorough understanding of Joint Commission and other regulatory surveys
* Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation - multi-skills in a minimum of two craft areas
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Possesses excellent customer service skills
* Proficient in basic computer application software (e.g., MS Office, E-Mail)
* Familiar with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS preferably 360 Facility )
* An understanding of Building Automation System (BMS)
* For internal candidates: Must consistently receive a meets expectations on their IPMP performance review
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS
* Visually inspect machinery and buildings
* Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation
* Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs, repeatedly
* Ability to detect emergency alarms auditory and/or visual
* Conduct equipment inspections, which require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.