Lead Operating Engineer 9/19/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Lead Operating Engineer
Auto Req ID
Leads maintenance personnel as well as performing installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. Responsible for supervising the operating team on his shift. Assumes the Chief Engineers responsibilities if the Chief Engineer is not on site.
* Supervises and directs maintenance staff on his shift and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
* Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Perform maintenance and repairs to the Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Building Control Systems.
* Conduct routine inspections of the buildings and provide updates needed to building systems.
* Develop and maintain operating and procedure manuals for building systems and equipment
* Perform preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner
* Monitor and assure timely completion of tenant reactive work orders
* Support the account as needed on the after hours emergencies
* Actively participate in emergency response procedures, technical and safety programs including completion of all JLL mandated annual trainings
* Contribute to annual expense and capital budgets
* Assist with small projects and special events as needed
* Assist in the completion of the annual Operations Audit
* Comply with JLL s Code of Ethics and employee policies
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
* Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
* Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
* Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a high school diploma.
* Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
* 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Stationary Engineers License or equivalent, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
* Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Lotus and E-Mail etc
* Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports, preferred.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.