Lead Operating Engineer Licensed Journeyman Electrician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Lead Operating Engineer Licensed Journeyman Electrician
Auto Req ID
JOB TITLE : LEAD OPERATING ENGINEER - LICENSED JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN
Reports To: Facility Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Lead Operating Engineer supervises, leads and supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Insures that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
* Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
* Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
* Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and trouble shooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
* Plans and manages budget, allowing for appropriate control over, and utilization of institutional resources.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
* Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license and pass MVR check.
* Special knowledge and skills Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
* Completion of an applicable technical training program is strongly preferred.
* Minimum of five years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical with at least 2 years in a lead or supervisory role
* Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
* Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
* Candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.