Lead Operating Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/29/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible to ensure the proper performance of all necessary maintenance and operational tasks developed to assure maximum life and reliability of all mechanical systems for assigned properties/facilities. Typically does not have a Chief Engineer associated with the building or is a solo engineer at the building.
* Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and general maintenance requirements of buildings
* Supervise maintenance staff, assign, and monitor maintenance projects
* Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures,Inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers
* Recommend improvements for the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis
* Develop and maintain effective building specific maintenance procedures
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
* Maintain stock inventory control
* Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
* Ensure management team is informed of current building operations by compiling and submitting monthly reports
* Graduate of apprentice program or trade school
* 5+ years of related experience in a commercial property setting
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
* Or any similar combination of education and experience
* May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s depending on market licensure
* Possess and maintain a valid driver s license and good driving record with periodic checks
* Background checks may be required by client
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
* Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..