Lead Software Development Engineer (Node/React/Android/iOS)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/28/2017
3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
Intific is a software developer with the majority of its production development occurring in its Austin, TX studio and business development occurring in the DC area. We've been developing software in Austin since 2007 and in spring of 2014, we merged with Cubic Corporation (CUB) and are now a part of their Global Defense segment, which is a market leader in innovative live, virtual, and game based training solutions.
We value the work-life balance of our employees and have received top workplace honors in the past. Our employees regularly rate their relationships with their co-workers as one of the best aspects of working here and one of the main reasons they stay. Our role within Cubic is to be an innovative force; therefore we want forward thinking, high energy collaborators to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, top tier benefits, and extreme workplace perks (on-site massages, fully stocked kitchen, casual dress environment, to name but a few).
Mission: INTIFIC BUILD WHAT S NEXT
Intific empowers people who understand how innovative software can drive revolutionary change. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, scientists, and thinkers embrace visions of the future and collaborate with our customers to bring them to life today. Through the creative disruption of traditional thinking, we inspire and deliver new products that produce significant value. Intific - we build what s next.
* Facilitates and coordinates technical capabilities and directions across the business.
* Works independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering assignments.
* Provides technical guidance and leadership.
* Provides project coordination and supervision.
* This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
* Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implements software features while splitting time with engineering leadership responsibilities (technical oversight, assigning tasks, leading architecture and code organization, mentoring, etc.)
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
* Leads preparation of design specifications, analyses and recommendations
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
* Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
* Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment, works with QA team to support implementation of tests
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
* Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
* Makes presentations before management and customers
* Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
* Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
* Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience to include software development/engineering, providing technical direction and leadership to software engineering projects and team members.
* Ability to interpret technical contract requirements.
* May require ability to develop software in a Unix (Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris), Apple OS X, Windows 7/8 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC or virtual environments.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors.
* Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.