Lead Software Engineer 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
KELLEY BLUE BOOK, a COX AUTOMOTIVE brand, is currently looking for a LEADSOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our Media Analytics Product Group in Irvine, CA.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
As a LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER on the KBB Media Analytics Product team, you will lead a software team that designs and develops robust and scalable analytics processing applications. You will lead the team with implementing data access services that operate with maximum throughput and minimum latency.
You will be an accomplished, well-rounded developer with an expert understanding of the appropriate use of best practices and frameworks for high volume data processing and analytics. You will lead and mentor more junior engineers on good software practices. You will be passionate about exploring the use of innovative technologies and techniques and evaluating them for suitability in our environment.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
* AMAZON: AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
* DEVOPS TOOLS: NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
* Lead a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
* Participate in architectural sessions and provide solutions to complex problems
* Design, develop, and maintain high volume Java and Scala based data processing jobs using industry standard tools and frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, Impala, Avro, Flume, Oozie, and Sqoop
* Design and maintain schemas in our analytics database
* Write efficient SQL for loading and querying data
* Collaborate with product managers and technologists to solve business problems
* Mentor junior engineers with all aspects of software development
* Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
* Maintain Kelley Blue Book s position as an industry leader by exploring new technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of high volume data processing
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
* Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
* Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
* 8+ years of professional application development experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time
* Strong Java skills
* Experience with Scala preferred
* Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
* Experience with designing and implementing high volume data processing jobs
* Working knowledge of Map-Reduce in Hadoop
* Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an understanding of common mathematical principles used in statistical analysis
* Proven ability to work independently designing, developing and deploying solutions with minimal direction
* Experience designing and developing platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.