Legal Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the attorneys in the Legal Department, with strict adherence to confidentiality and oriented to maximizing the effectiveness of the company s legal counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide administrative support to attorneys as directed including answering telephones, maintaining calendars and schedules, coordinating meetings, preparing expense reports and managing consequences.
* Schedule, verify and participate as necessary in meetings and appointments including making travel arrangements and accommodations for attendees, preparing conference rooms and arranging meals.
* Copying, typing, sending/receiving and distribution emails, sort, distribute and respond to mail, send certified mail and FedEx, screen calls, greet visitors, answer phones, set up and maintain file system, inter office mail, overnight mail, frequently check out box and process work, etc.
* Research and compile reports, proposals and presentation materials.
* Answer and screen calls and e-mails to the Legal Department for urgency, set priorities, take accurate messages and channel them to the proper contact individual.
* Perform all filing, creating files and maintaining file organization, in offices and file room, promptly and accurately
* Assist with tracking Services of Process and various litigation filings received by company to ensure timely handling by in-house or outside counsel.
* Assist with respond to or delegate responses to third-party subpoenas and information requests pursuant to existing protocols.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Associate s degree or equivalent experience.
* Three (3) to five (5) years experience as an assistant supporting a company executive.
* Three (3) to five (5) years experience with phone, tracking, interpersonal and pro-active and self automate new projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio and Outlook required.
* Excellent leadership presentation and teamwork skills.
* Effective at delegation of responsibility and accountability.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
EOE Including Veterans and Disabled