Legal, Derivative Documentation Group Analyst/Associate 9/19/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you re an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The Senior Paralegal position presents an opportunity for talented and motivated candidates to combine their interests in finance and the law. Particularly in the context of today's changing regulatory and financial environment, this position provides an excellent opportunity for candidates considering a career in law or business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an individual with the following skills:
* 5+ years of paralegal experience
* Experience in financial services or corporate law firm environment a plus
* Strong analytical and organizational skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* The ability to articulate ideas clearly;
* Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a team of diverse individuals;
* Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment;
* Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity; and
* Keen interest in legal frameworks and financial markets.
* Draft and revise amendments to various agreements (ISDA, CSA, ACA, CDEA)
* Update Templates and upload documents to SharePoint
* Create reports based on various criteria
* Handle outside counsel billing and setting up budgets
* Assisting negotiators with finalizing agreements (i.e. preparing boilerplates and execution copies)
* Facilitating meeting setup (booking conference rooms, arranging weekly team calls)
* Overseeing the assignment workflow and allocation of documentation requests to the team
* Preparing the annual Power of Attorney and Secretary Certificates for the various GS entities
* Collaborate with the team on various ad hoc projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.