This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position plays a key role by providing administrative assistance to a group of attorneys in the Law department at GAF. The individual in this position performs a wide range of administrative and general support duties (with a significant emphasis on word processing) of a highly responsible and confidential nature for attorneys, which includes organizing and compiling all necessary documentation, receiving and screening all telephone calls and correspondence, proofreading relevant documentation, and following up on cases when required. This position reports to the group of attorneys he or she is assigned to.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (60 - 75%)
* Prepares, revises, and formats a wide variety of documents, including, but not limited to, correspondence, memoranda, and other legal materials. In the preparation of such documents, will perform proofreading, and will also be responsible for formatting and questioning any inconsistencies in the materials.
* Interacts on a daily basis with other business units and outside counsel to ensure proper dissemination of information and follow through. The secretary will also work with other GAF business units on a daily basis to manage records and check requests, mail, FedEx/messengers, catering for meetings, etc.
* Receives, places, and screens telephone calls and correspondence.
* Coordinates and schedules travel arrangements, conference calls, and other meetings.
* Maintains attorney calendars.
* Provide preliminary review of outside counsel bills, and facilitates processing of bills in Serengeti.
* Processes and monitors attorney expense reimbursements.
* Provides other miscellaneous administrative support (copying, printing, scanning
RECORD KEEPING (20 - 25%)
* Organizes, maintains, and updates paper and electronic correspondence, databases, and records with respect to the legal department, including Sharepoint.
OTHER GENERAL DUTIES (5 - 10%)
* Provides assistance to other legal secretaries when necessary to meet department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
* Stress Tolerance
* Planning & Organizing
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (ENTRY, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED)
* Familiar with standard Legal concepts, practices, and procedures
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync), familiarity with Sharepoint and Serengeti a plus
* Knowledge of legal terminology
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (ENTRY, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED)
* Advanced organizational skills with an eye for detail
* Self-motivated, with ability to work efficiently, either independently or in a team environment.
* Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
* Minimum of 5 years of legal secretarial experience, either in-house or in a large law firm.
* High School Degree or GED equivalent
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).