Licensed Vocational Nurse 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Envision Physician Services is a national physician services company providing anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women's and children's health services. Envision Physician Services has more than 1,000 exclusive contracts with client hospitals nationwide. We have an excellent opportunity for a LVN to join our team in Arlington, Texas!
WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
Full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Company Matching 401 K
Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
2 weeks Paid Vacation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide clinical and administrative support for providers, patients, and office operations.
* Triage adult and pediatric patients, obtain vital signs, record medical history, and confirm purpose of visit.
* Room patients for examination.
* Draw blood and assist with various skills.
* Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and sterilization of tools and equipment as required.
* Perform laboratory work, injections, and vaccines.
* Assist with x-rays and EKG s.
* Spirometry and PFT s.
* Administer medications as directed by physician.
* Comply with legal regulations to maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment for staff and patients.
* Monitor supplies and place inventory orders.
* Practice common safety hazards and precautions.
* Assist with referrals and prior authorizations.
* Maintain medical records.
* Screen telephone calls for referral to physician.
* Oversee laboratory coding for insurance purposes.
* Maintain all laboratory logs and required checks.
* Assist with prescription needs and refills.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Graduation from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing
* Current and unrestricted license to practice as a vocational nurse in the state of Texas
* CPR certification
* EKG certification
* NCT certification highly preferred
* Phlebotomy certification highly preferred
* Previous urgent care, emergency room, or medical office experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Highly motivated, self-starter with dedication to excellent patient care and customer service
* Knowledge of medical practice and medical terminology
* Skill in identifying and resolving problems
* Knowledge of clinical processes and procedures
* Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
* Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and act calmly in emergency situations
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally
* Ability to maintain patient and business confidentiality
* Ability to work well in a team environment
EOE including Veterans and Disabled