Line Maintenance Technician 10/11/2017
Church & Dwight
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Line Maintenance Technician
What we re about:
* Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
* Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
* Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
* Entrepreneurialism- We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position is the Distribution Facility at our Harrisonville, MO location. The line maintenance technician (LMT) position is focused on improving line efficiency by combining operational and maintenance responsibilities into one job for the efficient operation of packaging line equipment. Each LMT will be accountable for maintaining a set of assigned machines (PM, repairs) while also playing an operations role on the lines.
What you ll do:
* Operate assigned packaging lines and meet all quality and safety specifications and targets.
* Perform technical work while running lines in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical areas.
* Maintain packaging equipment including machine adjustment, repairs, lubrication etc. and perform routine preventative maintenance to maintain efficient operation.
* Train Line Operators on all technical aspects of machinery to include setups and changeovers, some minor adjustments.
* Troubleshoot mechanical equipment performance.
* Coordinate changeover set up with Manufacturing Coordinator, Maintenance Technicians, and Processing Technicians.
* Execute the TPM program as assigned by machine participate in and follow up on activities.
* Operate a computer (inventory management system, email, machine downtime history file).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required.
What you ll need:
* High school diploma or GED
* 2-5 years experience working in a maintenance or operations function within a manufacturing environment.
* College and/or vocational training in related area desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Mechanical aptitude technical capability to work on packaging equipment.
* Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
* Knowledge of industrial controls, PLC functions, hydraulics, pneumatics and three-phase electrical.
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment
* Machine tool experience helpful.
What we ll offer:
* Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
* Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
* Career ownership & development
* Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.