Linux System Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 9/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are looking for best candidates interested in working with a company offering top-tier employee benefits and those who want the opportunity to work with new technologies. As a Systems Engineer, you build customer environments and deploy products directly to the Aspect Cloud. Working in conjunction with other Cloud Operations groups and engineers, you will support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation and participation in the weekly Aspect Maintenance Window
* Install, configure, and update packages, patches and applications
* Install and maintain multiple Aspect product builds across the network
* Work with Engineering and QA on feature requests, bug fixes, build releases and new products
* Build, test, configure, document shared and dedicated platforms to meet customer commitments
* Build, test, deploy, document and monitor automation scripts
* Assist the NOC in monitoring Aspect s worldwide network
* Develop new tools and scripts to assist Network Operations
* Work with Support and Account Managers internally to meet customer deadlines for deployments and upgrades
* Work with Support to resolve customer issues
* Work with all departments when critical issues arise that need immediate attention
* Create detailed procedural documentation
* Balance workload to meet project deadlines, as set forth by Management
* 3+ years of Linux systems administration experience, CentOS or Redhat preferred
* 1+ years of Windows Server administration experience
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* High proficiency in bash shell scripting
* Experience automating repeatable tasks
* Experience programming in Ruby or Python
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong documentation skills
* BIND DNS server configuration and maintenance
* Configuration Management; Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
* Remote systems administration
* Experience with Confluence and Jira
* Working with cloud providers; AWS, Rackspace Cloud, Azure, etc.
* SIP/VOIP troubleshooting
* TCP/IP, SIP and protocol analyzers
* Experience in a customer service field
* Candidates should be comfortable with instant messaging as primary means of communication
* Working familiarity with Mac OS X
* RHCSA or RHCE certification, or equivalent work experience
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.