Litigation Associate - 2018 - Bakersfield, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services. CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
* National level training resources and technology
* Development of leadership and networking skills
* Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
* Mentoring by Managers & Directors
* Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. In 2016 we were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal; in San Diego by the San Diego Union Tribune and in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal. It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards, knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us our spot on those lists.
The Forensic and Litigation Associate works as a member of the Client Services group and can expect a diverse experience ranging from accounting procedures for litigation engagements to the performance of business appraisal and valuation services. This position performs many of the duties of an entry level forensic accountant including working directly for corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Performance of preliminary valuation, forensic, and appraisal analyses, including development of comparative adjusted financial statements and data input for expert witness exhibits
* Gain an understanding of accounting framework, tax law, and audit methodologies and their applicability to the litigation environment
* Develop knowledge of the relevant statutory and family codes and their applicability to accounting principles in performance of forensic accounting
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
* Create forensic and economic models for presentation of forensic conclusions
* Execute complex technological procedures within industry standard accounting systems
* Identify and communicate case issues, findings, and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers, and partners to resolve client issues discovered during engagements
* Work with discovery team to inventory and reconcile documents and data produced in preparation for submission to courts, attorneys, and clients
* Assist in preparation of exhibits and background information for expert witness testimony
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
Minimum Qualifications Required
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html