Litigation Paralegal 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Proficiency with discovery and e-discovery requirements, including collecting and coordinating discovery responses and requests.
* Assist with tracking Services of Process and various litigation filings received by company to ensure timely handling by in-house or outside counsel.
* Respond to or delegate responses to third-party subpoenas and information requests pursuant to existing protocols.
* Develop improved processes over time to streamline duties and incorporate new duties as needed.
* Monitor proceedings and matter status important to Company and provide updates, as directed.
* Prepare and update litigation holds, including follow-up to ensure that all holds have been issued in accordance with legal requirements.
* Assist with managing various litigation vendors.
* Check and respond to voicemails and emails for legal department main number and email address.
* Manage the e-billing process to ensure timely and effective payment of legal invoices and bills, including via effective communications with in-house attorneys, accounts payable, and outside counsel; resolve issues with e-billing vendor on a technical level as needed; provide training to new and existing e-billing users as needed; keep department informed of e-billing updates, packages, products, etc.
* New matter intake to include file creation and updating, calendaring of deadlines, drafting of notices of appearance where applicable, requesting personnel files and other pertinent documents from local HR and management, and other intake/maintenance duties as assigned.
* Miscellaneous administrative support to the department as requested from time to time, including answering phones and emails, opening mail, and directing the same to the appropriate personnel in the department and Company; setting meetings and prepare rooms for presentations, ensuring audio/video/food/other requirements are met in advance of meeting/presentation.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* HS Diploma or GED required.
* Paralegal certificate required.
* A minimum of 5 years paralegal experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong word processing/spreadsheet computer skills required.
* Experience in high-volume work environment a plus.
* Healthcare or managed care experience a plus but not required.
* Excellent organization and teamwork skills.
* Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
EEO including Vetrans and Disable