Loss Fund Processing Support 9/20/2017
Crawford & Company
Peachtree Corners, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the Financial Controls Manager, the Accountant-Financial Services provides billing and collections processing support for the Loss Fund Accounting Unit to ensure accurate and timely application of related payments
* Assist with the reconciliation of General Ledger accounts.
* Initiates payments to claimants
* Ensures systems accounts are appropriately funded
* Reviews and initiates wire transfers
* Determines positive pay discrepancies.
* Produces management reports for prior period journal entry errors, maintenance discrepancies and accounts receivable discrepancies.
* Produces management reports summarizing reconciled transactions.
* Ensures that all bank statements are reconciled to the General Ledger and Reconciliation database on a monthly basis.
* Develops creative solutions to enhance the services and product provided to customers.
* Assists in training and development of Analysts in department.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested
* Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
* Two years experience in banking
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Basic word processing knowledge, preferably Word.
* Strong spreadsheet knowledge, preferably Excel.
* Ability to understand the Loss Fund Management System, SISDAT procedures and document flow.
* Knowledge of Millennium or ability to learn the system.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the world s largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.