This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Church & Dwight
What we re about:
* Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
* Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
* Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
* Entrepreneurialism- We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position is the Production Facility at our Harrisonville, MO location. The Machine Operator is involved in machine start up/shutdown and operation of all the equipment involved in production on the liquid packaging line including: unscrambler, filler, SWF trayformer, SWF case sealer, Hartness case packer, and palletizer/stretch wrapper.
What you ll do:
* Perform operational set up/shut down and maintain operation of packing line equipment.
* Establish familiarity with raw material part numbers, sizes of bottles, and box quantities.
* Clear jams and restart equipment such as sealer, caseformer, and Hartness/Standard Knapp.
* Hand stack cases of finished goods onto pallets in the event palletizer is non-functional.
* Identify alarms on various equipment and appropriately and safely clear jam to restart packaging line.
* Apply and understand proper lock out/tag out procedures for each piece of equipment assigned to operate.
* Load bottles into unscrambler and/or load 200 oz. bottles directly onto conveyor.
* Load bundles of corrugate into caseformer executing safe lifting techniques.
* Inspect finished product for defects at various points on the packing line.
* Regularly perform housekeeping duties to keep work area clean and neat.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required
What you ll need:
* High school diploma or equivalency
* Previous manufacturing experience helpful
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Good organizational/time management skills would be a plus.
* Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
* Basic mechanical aptitude.
What we ll offer:
* Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
* Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
* Career ownership & development
* Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.