Maintenance Mechanic (Hawaii) 10/12/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Maintenance Mechanic (Hawaii)
Auto Req ID
The Building Engineer supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Under the chief engineer s direction, supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
* Maintain and repair of building and equipment
* General interior maintenance hang pictures, repair office furniture systems, etc.
* Minor HVAC, plumbing and electrical repairs.
* Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* Respond effectively to all emergencies.
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system.
* Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Building Engineer role.
* Acting chief engineer when chief engineer is away from work. Daily interaction with tenants, occupants, public, client, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of one (3) years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
* Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
* Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.