This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Objective is to maintain and repair all plant equipment in a safe manner complying with Good Manufacturing Practices. Will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment throughout the Elevator, Mill, Warehouse, Laboratory and Office and other areas as directed by the supervisor.
* Develop a strong understanding of equipment operations.
* Must be able to read and interpret maintenance diagrams, blueprints, and other technical data required to maintain or repair all existing equipment and such equipment as the company may purchase in the future.
* Must be able to weld satisfactorily with electric and acetylene-oxygen equipment.
* Must learn the location and operation of all electrical panels, safety
* switches, lockouts, VFD s, PLC trouble shooting etc.
* Must be able to trouble shoot minor electrical problems and make
* necessary repairs.
* Must be able to write legibly and perform necessary calculations required to order parts and machinery with a minimum of supervision.
* Candidate or candidates may be subject to written testing as well as welding and fabrication to determine maintenance competency level prior to awarding position.
* Successful candidate will be involved in continuing education through local classes and training seminars.
* Must maintain the PM program and work orders within GTI.
Skills & Experience
* Must have fabricating skills
* Must be physically and mentally alert.
* Must be safety conscience and perform all duties in a safe manner at all times.
* Must be dependable and cooperative at all times
* Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
* Must provide own hand tools to perform maintenance functions.
* Must be available for call back on other shifts if the need arises.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.