Maintenance Mechanic 10/10/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
The Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system, and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, lighting systems and controls, and other facility subsystems and support tools.
This position requires the employee to be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Comply with all safety procedures.
* Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
* General Interior Maintenance: hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems, etc.
* Special Tasks: painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, etc., and general maintenance.
* Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts.
* Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
* Perform minor plumbing repairs.
* Move office furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials, as requested
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
* Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
* Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
* Minimum of one year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, and basic plumbing and electrical.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Possess and maintain a valid state driver s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written.
* Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
* Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
* Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
* Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.