This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
South San Francisco, CA
This position has a focus on maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial building equipment. This role has wide ranging responsibilities including low/medium voltage power, plumbing, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for boilers, chillers and controls, lighting systems and controls, EMS, BMS and other facility subsystems and support tools. A very high percentage of "wrench time" is expected. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and repair equipment with minimal use of third party vendors.
The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and to perform other duties as required.
* Maintain all equipment with a professional and safe approach.
* Review and analyzing system data with Chief Engineer on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
* Provide professional feedback to update preventative maintenance procedures.
* Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system.
* Monitor the operation on chiller, boilers, air compressors, refrigeration, heat exchangers, HVAC, hot water systems, air conditioning equipment, ventilating and other mechanical lighting and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems and troubleshoot any problems/malfunctions and support corrective actions as required.
* Perform preventive maintenance on systems to include: mobilization of tools, equipment and materials; performing work with minimal disruption to occupants; properly maintaining required documentation, conducting immediate cleanup of work area including returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room; identifying and reporting all equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
* Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
* Supports moves of office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Able to work on roofs of buildings
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials and refrigerants.
* Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or state equivalent required
* 2 years of related trade schooling or equivalent
* Experience in working with commercial and industrial equipment
* Factory training / experience working with commercial equipment
* Minimum 5 years of experience working with mechanical systems
* Prior experience working within an industrial maintenance service technician role, highly desirable.
* Capable of operating BMS and CMMS systems
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSEES
* Universal HVAC and/or Boiler certification, a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment, a plus
* Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
* Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and use ladders up to 26'
* Speak fluent English
* Completion of written documentation
* The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
* Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org