This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic who has a passion for safety and enjoys working in a team environment? The Bremen, Indiana team is hiring a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic who thrives in a fast paced plant environment and enjoys being part of a team. In this role you will perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic and preventative maintenance on all required equipment to maximize productivity while maintaining safety and quality standards. The Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic works in partnership with all departments as a part of a key service group to the organization. If you share our PASSION to go the extra mile, you are a PEOPLE champion, you enjoy PERFORMING at superior levels, and you enjoy PROTECTING today to ensure tomorrow please let us know by applying online today.
* Effectively troubleshoot all mechanical equipment to identify issues within the plant and take necessary corrective actions to repair, replace or rebuild.
* Ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC systems.
* Continuously work in a safe manner and report all safety hazards.
* Perform monthly safety and environmental audits.
* As a service provider, partners with production department to accommodate maintenance activities, predictive maintenance, scrap and downtime reduction actions.
* Design and develop equipment improvement ideas.
* Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager discussing all matters of importance.
* Reads, interprets and follows blueprints and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete the job.
* Makes out work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution, material usage, etc., and performs other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed.
* Directs, assists, and instructs other maintenance employees on jobs where it is necessary to work together or when requested by Supervisor
* Fill in for Plant Engineer as needed.
* Inspects/maintains plant buildings and facilities. May be required to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems.
* Housekeeping responsibilities.
* Perform other job functions as requested to support the effective and efficient operation of the plant, including duties of lower classifications.
$21.25 to 29.25/hour pending experience and includes vacation pay, 10 paid holidays, overtime pay, competitive shift premium and includes a benefits package: medical, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents. We also offer 401(k) plan that includes company contributions and Career Growth Opportunities.
* High School diploma or GED.
* 3 or more years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic.
* Ability to work hours and assignments in a 3 shift, 5 day a week operation. Shift schedules are:
* A: 7am-3pm
* B: 3pm-11pm
* C: 11pm-7am
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* A self-thinker and motivator.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Experience with lockout/tag out.
* Knowledge of safety requirements and safety focused.
* Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 100lbs is also required. Must be able to work at heights. Good vision, hearing, color vision, speaking, and finger dexterity skills are required as well as the ability to perform close work in a confined space.
* Must pass forklift, scissors, JLG, mechanical aptitude and welding tests.
* Certificate of completion from a trade school and 0-3 years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic.