This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/27/2017
The Euclid Chemical Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPerform scheduled facility process maintenance and repairs. Respond to unscheduled maintenance issues as required. Maintain parts inventories, submit purchase requisitions, and maintain equipment files. Communicate job status as appropriate to operators, management, and other maintenance personnel.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
* Troubleshoot, plan, modify, and repair/rebuild all types of plant equipment
* Perform basic electrical troubleshooting, repair and construction as required.
* Perform plant preventive maintenance program for mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Test new or repaired equipment to assure satisfactory performance.
* Modify/fabricate as required using welder, cutting torches and various machines.
* Keep equipment, maintenance shop, and job sites in a clean and orderly condition.
* Work in accordance with OSHA and Euclid Chemical safety policies and procedures.
* Work from ladders, lifts, elevated places, and confined spaces as required.
* Document work completed; report job outcome/supplies used written and/or verbal.
* Daily handoff/communications with other shifts.
* Detail jo status as appropriate to operators, management, and other maintenance personnel.
* Submit requisitions for repair/replacement parts as necessary.
* Enter MRO receipts in SAP system, maintain parts inventory/shop/equipment files/records.
* Lift up to 50lb as required. Heavier parts/materials will be handled using other methods.
* Work with solvents, degreasers, lubricants, and other common industrial chemicals.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Regular hours/shifts may vary as production and maintenance coverage needs dictate.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* High school diploma or GED
* 4-10 years related experience and/or training
* Must own required hand tools and appropriate storage for the tools of the trade.
* Must have a working knowledge of hand tools and any trade tools.
* General mechanical knowledge, including pump and piping repair/replacement.
* basic industrial electrical and pneumatic knowledge.
* Fabrication/repair using welding and cutting torch.
* Rigging of heavy components.
* Use of milling, lathe, and other shop machines.
* Ability to operate mobile equipment (fork lifts, man lifts, skid-steer, etc.).
* Ability to read prints, schematics, manuals, etc.
* Use of common measurement tools and gauges.
* Basic computer skills, including email and internet.
* 3rd Shift Position but must be flexible to work other shifts if needed.
* Will be trained on 1st Shift.
Open Positions Maintenance off-shift
Duties include: Installation and repair of electrical and mechanical systems, pipe fitting, and plumbing, rigging, welding, pneumatics, various positive displacement pumps, machine trouble-shooting and repair; Preparing requests for materials needed for stock; Performing inspection rounds and PM's on all equipment.
Qualifications and Skills: This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of trade or maintenance experience. The selected candidate must be able to read, write and speak English, execute simple math and be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
The selected candidate must have experience with the following: electrical troubleshooting, PLC's VFD's, pipe fitting and plumbing; cutting and welding; machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and overhaul; lubrication and oiling; pump repair and rebuild.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.