Maintenance Technician 9/20/2017
Hollander Sleep Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary: As a Maintenance Tech, you will share in the process of the plant maintenance. This position places a high premium on effective teamwork, clear communication, intelligent judgment.
* Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment is in optimal working order that includes industrial sewing machines.
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required, associate or bachelors preferred.
* 5 years proven track record with length of service at same company
* Industrial sewing machine maintenance experience is a plus.