Maintenance Technician 9/19/2017
Westlake Chemical Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The duty of the Maintenance Technician is to utilize their skills and experience to perform a high quality repair at a high level of productivity. The work is to be performed in a safe manner, both for the technician and their team members, observing all appropriate procedures and requirements.
* Lead maintenance tasks in Polyethylene facilities involving basic industrial equipment including high pressure specialty compressors, pumps, reactors, etc.
* Perform all jobs according to factory specifications, plant procedures and standards and as efficiently as possible.
* Assure all jobs are performed safely not only by the individual but by all team members.
* Utilize SAP and Meridium to review plans, order parts, etc to self-support jobs as needed.
* Confirm the correct parts are used on each job and job is performed correctly the first time.
* Properly document needed updates to procedures, etc following a job and document cause of failure based on observations during repairs.
* Recommend improvements to jobs that would improve efficiency, speed or lower cost.
* Train less experienced technicians as needed for team improvement.
High School Diploma or the equivalent is required. A minimum of two years maintenance experience in an industrial environment or an Associates degree in an established Maintenance Technology Program is required. Experience working on high pressure Polyethylene equipment, such as reactors, piping, catalyst pumps, Cooper Bessemer Engines, and compressors is preferred. An Associates degree in an established Mechanical Technology Program or an approved apprentice program is preferred.
If you meet the listed qualifications and are interested in applying, please apply online.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability