Maintenance Technician (2nd shift) 9/19/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities. Typically has a building or service route.
* Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment, and HVAC
* Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
* Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems
* Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wall paper and can touch up paint in common areas
* Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
* Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance
* Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
* Maintain and operate life safety and fire systems
* Perform welding, carpentry, and snow removal when necessary
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* 1+ years of related experience in a commercial property setting
* Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair, or any similar combination of education and experience
* Possess and maintain a valid driver s license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
* Background checks may be required by client
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
* Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..