Maintenance Technician 9/17/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician is a Tier 1 responder who is primarily responsible for conducting preventive maintenance and focused Electrical/Mechanical repairs on highly automated equipment. In addition, the Sr. Pharmacy Automation Services Specialist will coordinate the problem solving and repairs resulting from observing variances between the machine operation and the defined equipment specifications.
* Execute preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance in accordance with stated policies.
* Collaborate with Automation Engineers and Application Developers to identify improvement opportunities.
* Identify degraded system performance using routine inspections, maintenance rounds, and diagnostic equipment/software.Plan to be Predictive/Proactive rather than Reactive.
* Act as first responder for all operational needs relating to production and application issues.Quickly troubleshoot and fix machine issues.If unable to solve, escalate to Automation Engineer.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies;placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* 0-2 years of relevant working experience with associates degree in a technical field or minimum of 5 years experience in electrical/mechanical troubleshooting on production equipment.
* Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Experience reading schematics
* Experience in mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic troubleshooting.
* Competent use of all tools and procedures needed to repair precision electro-mechanical machinery successfully the first time. All tools are company owned and supplied.
* Experience troubleshooting in basic controls system preferable
* Flexible to work 2nd shift (approx. 3:30PM-2AM).
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This expansive group is accountable for planning, building and driving core technology solutions and services across virtually every aspect of the business, including Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, Pharmacy Technology, Home Delivery, Specialty and IT Service Management. The following teams help comprise this ever-important group:
* IT ARCHITECTURE & INNOVATION defines and drives the company s architecture strategy.
* IT ENGINEERING manages all engineering activities associated with the company s architecture and attendant technology.
* IT OPERATIONS manages all the technology that supports the company s operational functions
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \\"Most Admired Companies\\" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.