Major Accounts Executive - DOD 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
MAJOR ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE - DOD
Job Locations US-VA-Reston | US-CO-Denver
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform takes Riverbed s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Title: Majors Accounts Executive - DOD
Location: Reston, VA; Remote - Open to anywhere in the US (close proximity to major airport)
* You will manage the strategic selling cycle for high profile Major Federal DOD accounts.
* You will be responsible for meeting aggressive sales quotas and driving revenue goals.
* You will be presenting our Riverbed Application Performance Platform to high level senior management and other company team members proposing the appropriate value proposition.
* You will collaborate with internal resources throughout the sales cycle to create sales strategies, manage execution, and capture business
* You will manage and grow the portfolio through strategic and targeted prospecting into your accounts.
* You will drive deeper & wider into your accounts identifying requirements for additional resources from other departments within the customer, customer alternatives (i.e. other means of handling their current requirements), and potential internal sponsor.
* You will act as a trusted advisor and analyze customer needs in terms of current business objectives
* You will cross-sell / up-sell: Identify and execute relevant sales plays, pipeline development initiatives and PS offerings
* You will work with strategic partners, resellers, and system integration partners promoting the sales of Riverbed IT performance portfolio.
* You will build strong relationships with key contacts in the partner echo system. Work with Channel Sales team to build and strengthen relationships with partners;
* You will engage in weekly forecast activities
* You will meet and exceed revenue goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
* You will travel extensively to the customer sites
* 7+ years relevant experience selling high-end hybrid enterprise solutions
* A proven record of successful solution sales and a verifiable track record of exceeding quotas year after year
* Proven experience calling on the Federal DOD Market, specifically ARMY/DOD accounts.
* Demonstrated strategic account management experience selling to large enterprise accounts.
* Strong prospecting, solution selling and closing skills
* A consultative approach and a background in building key relationships with decision makers
* Experience managing a full sales cycle from prospecting through closing
* An aggressive but professional style, with a desire to succeed in the sales role
* An ability to present effectively, and to sell to high-level, large enterprise accounts
* Must possess superb communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels or organizations.
* Good understanding of major technology trends and customer initiatives (Virtualization, Cloud, DR, VDI etc.)
* Exceptional sales presentation skills
* Proven working experience with key local resellers and experience establishing and fostering strong Channel Partner relationships; w/ a solid understanding of 2-Tier distribution channel model
* Experience using salesforce.com.
* Relevant competitive knowledge, including: industry, technologies and product offerings, and evolving technologies.
* BA/BS degree.
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.