Mammography Technologist 10/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is PRN; the hours for the Breast Center are Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
In this position, the Mammography Technologist performs Breast Imaging procedures in order to obtain desired Imaging results according to physicians specifications that includes, but is not limited to, transferring patients for examinations, ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis, and assisting with the Breast Imaging examination process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BREAST IMAGING PROCEDURES
* Responsible for appropriate operation of all Breast Imaging and related equipment
* Appropriately educates, positions, immobilizes and performs Breast Imaging procedures
* Coordinates Breast Imaging examination to ensure timeliness, quality and continuity of patient care
* Understands and follows provider Imaging orders correctly
* Submits required images and related clinical information to the Radiologist for interpretation
* Appropriately evaluates image quality
* Open, accurate, and responsive communication to patients, coworkers, Radiologists and leadership
* Appropriately utilizes, charges and maintains department supplies
* Practices sterile technique and follows infection prevention policies
* Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
* Safely performs Breast Imaging procedures
* Follows Radiation Safety Measures (ALARA) to ensure patient and staff safety
Required: As required for registry eligibility.
RDMS Active Licensure without restriction to practice -OR-
ARRT (R)(M)(BS) Active Registration without restriction
ARRT(R)(M)(BS) Active Registration without restriction
Required: 2 years breast sonography experience
Preferred: 2 years mammography experience
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lafayette