Management Consulting Managing Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/13/2018
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Management Consulting Managing Director will work under the direction of the National Leader and is responsible for helping clients improve their business by providing services such as strategic planning, turnarounds, bankruptcy consulting, interim management, trustee ships, organizational assessment, process documentation, and policy and procedure design and optimization. The Management Consulting Managing Director will be responsible for business development, client engagement, analysis, project management, business optimization, performance management, and implementation. The Management Consulting Managing Director is also responsible for developing new business with existing clients and prospects of the Firm, including the identification of target companies. The Management Consulting Managing Director is responsible for managing all aspects of client pursuits and advises the practice Partner through all phases of the client proposal process.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Intelligence, or other relevant field required
- MBA, Masters or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience in Advisory or Management Consulting required, preferably with Public Accounting or Consulting Firm
- Experience in client marketing and successfully managing multiple client pursuits and proposal efforts required
- CPA, CA, or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills and eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, specifically business / report writing
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Able to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Able to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Able to collaborate with partners and managers within other service lines and industries, as well as Management Consulting leaders
- Recognition as a though leader with respect to positively influence, negotiate and manage change
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Executive presence to act as primary contact for clients while preparing and presenting to clients and potential clients
- Capable of resolving complex business issues
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to travel to client locations and other office sites up to 50%, as needed
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability