Manager, Business Develop 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Plan, develop and perform business development activities, coordinating and working in conjunction with operations and BD personnel. Leverage existing customer relationships, and identify and develop new markets and business opportunities. Develop business development plans strategies for the California Business Unit and interregional BD activities across the company.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Actively engage and participate in the Matrix safety culture
* Market analysis, intelligence and strategic planning
* Identify market positioning initiatives
* Creation of differentiators in our service offerings
* Identification and advancement of strategic accounts
* Structured account planning
* Interface with corporate marketing resources for branding, advertising, collateral and promotion events
* Screen new clients against strategy
* Client intelligence gathering, relationship building and positioning
* Alignment of MSI and client strategies
* Development of BD strategies
* Represent client to MSI
* In conjunction with the Business Unit operations and other BD personnel, develop objectives and strategies in support of the business development goals of the business unit and MSI.
* Compile and maintain lists of prospective customers and opportunities in CRM for use as sales leads based upon information from personal contacts with customers, business directories, trade shows, various sales lead reports, and other sources.
* Work in conjunction with operations and BD personnel to identify new markets and prospective business opportunities, and expand relationships with existing customer base.
* Determine specific project drivers (financing, permitting, ownership, site acquisition, etc.) to provide screening assistance on potential targeted projects and to provide Win Strategies for internal use.
* Prepare and implement business development plans for primary and diversified target markets, including developing and maintaining account plans for major clients, leverage existing customer relationships to all scopes provided by company, and expand existing, and develop new alliances.
* Perform and manage market research to identify and prioritize potential new customers and products, and develop associated plan to attract new customer base.
* Develop qualification packages, presentations and marketing materials. Train and assist other company personnel involved in customer communications and presentations, as needed.
* Learn of specific project drivers (financing, permitting, ownership, site acquisition, etc.) to provide screening assistance on potential targeted projects and to provide Win Strategies for internal use.
* Serve as liaison with customers prior to and during contract execution; provide advice, guidance and planning support to prospective and current customers.
* Assist operations and BD personnel with sales process, developing proposals and contract negotiations. Assist as needed to ensure proposals, schedules and contract terms are adhered to.
* Track leads and inquiries for BD Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and input and maintain contacts and opportunities on the BD communication tool.
* Provide and update documentation and presentation material to support quarterly operations reports, strategic plans, etc., as requested.
* Requires coordinating and attending entertainment activities and events with clients.
* Perform other responsibilities as required.
* BS Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent combination of training and related experience
* 10+ years related business development experience
* Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new markets, including the preparation of business development strategies and plans
* Previous industrial construction experience
* Must be comfortable with cold calling and public speaking
* Ability to persuade and influence customers
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Frequent travel required.