Manager, Change Management 10/11/2017
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO* At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO s Technology Teamis organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
* Ideal candidate is someone who has experience championing CM processes / procedures into a large financial organization. We would prefer someone who is on a CM career path - that is, someone that has been focused on CM for the majority of their technical career to date .
* Essentially you will be instrumental in developing & delivering CM services to support deployment of firm wide systems to various development and Production environments based on the agile methodology of the firm.
* Program build scripts and tools for builds, using most appropriate languages and technologies.
* Manage build machines, servers, and build environments, and understands security concepts and processes for build systems.
* Implement new techniques and technologies for new build systems and to evolve existing systems.
* 7+ years implementing CM processes and tools.
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience .
* Must have software Configuration Management (CM) / Build and Release experience especially CI/CD setup and implementation
* Must have DevOps implementation experience
* Must have strong scripting experience including Unix experience
* Must have solid broad knowledge of CM principles, best practices, Agile methodology, etc.
* Hands-on experience with software CM tools (e.g. Git, Subversion, Jenkins, QuickBuild or equivalent tools) .
* Hands-on experience with Build Tools / Systems e.g. Visual Studio, Maven, NPM.
* Solid foundation of technical skills, analytical abilities, and knowledge of CM industry disciplines and best practices.
* Deep understanding on continuous integration concepts and experience with supporting build automation/deployment tools.
* Should possess solid people skills and have the ability to support multiple customers on multiple issue types.
* Must have demonstrated a solid project where they designed and implemented a cross platform build framework from scratch.
Familiar with Linux or Unix a must, Windows also a must. * Developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures.
* Scripting skills and experience: Shell, Perl, PowerShell, Batch or Python.
* Experience in an Agile development environment is desired
* Experience in simultaneous configuration of multiple systems
* Experience in dynamic infrastructure / cloud deployments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.