Manager, Content & Social Media Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/15/2017
END DATE 11/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
The Manager of Content & Social will lead the development and activation of holistic content strategies and social platforms and activations across General Mills' portfolio of iconic brands. This individual will guide a talented team of professionals in support of our business and brand objectives in the U.S. They will be a driving force of innovation across social management, content strategy and influencer programs to create competitive advantage for the company, engaging with the consumer throughout all stages of their journey. The role reports to the Creative Director, Content & Design, and will engage extensively with marketing and communications teams as well as agency partners across the organization.
In this role you will:
* Serve as a visionary leader, savvy strategist and collaborative partner in creating and guiding brand social platform and content strategies to grow engagement with current and new consumers
* Develop and oversee content planning, development, distribution and engagement strategies customized to the unique aspects and capabilities of social platforms
* Influence and educate brand teams by identifying, setting and sharing best practices for how to develop relationships with consumers and strengthen our brands' pull through the use of content and social/influencer platforms
* Provide leadership to social team members across the organization to drive cohesive execution of brand vision and strategy
* Guide brand teams in the use of paid, owned and earned media in support of overarching marketing objectives and strategies
* Serve as a key partner with media team and social media partners to identify and champion innovation opportunities
* Manage and interact with supporting agency partners, providing clear direction to ensure they deliver high-quality strategies, plans and results
* Build the overarching framework and approach for identifying and working with social media influencers
* Interface with key stakeholders and influencers across the company to ensure connectivity and alignment, this includes building a collaborative process and relationship with PR, Consumer Services, Corporate Communications and legal
* Inform benchmarks, KPI's and measurement plans to help teams evaluate and strengthen activations
Required skills and experience:
* Bachelor's Degree; Master's preferred
* 7+ years experience in B2C marketing/communications with a brand(s) $50MM in annual sales
* 5+ years of agency experience with a focus on social
* Content strategy and planning experience
* Deep digital marketing expertise and experience
* People management experience
* Understanding of public relations and corporate social governance
* Early adopter of new technologies … always curious
* Unconcealed passion for food and lifestyle content
* Hands-on expertise with social platforms especially Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter
* Demonstrated understanding of media (paid social, SEM/SEO)
* Experience using social management tools such as Spredfast and Curalate
* Easy collaborator and charismatic relationship builder
* Strong executive presence and influence
* Proven storyteller, self-starter and forward-thinker
* Ability to travel up to 10%