Manager Converged Communication
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 4/20/2018
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Role:
Manager of Converged Communication position in the Corporate Global Network Services team (GNS) has the primary objective to lead a team which is responsible for plan, design and implement & lifecycle management of Contact center, TelePresence, Telephony backend infrastructure & Webcasting solutions for Stanley Black & Decker.
The successful candidate must be capable of providing technology and strategic direction to the team to provide highly available covered communication infrastructure platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership to the team who is responsible for plan, design and the implementation of Cisco TelePresence, Telecommunication, Cloud based Contact center & Enterprise Web Casting infrastructure globally within Stanley Black & Decker.
* Ability to manage and integrate different technologies such as collaboration solutions, SIP trunking, Call control solutions (Avaya/Cisco), Enterprise web casting and cloud based call centers.
* Ability to manage numerous projects, tasks and other assigned work efficiently within the team. Key requirement is the ability to prioritize critical deliverables while meeting all other assigned duties.
* Lead the team to standards-based and scalable architecture/design of systems for global deployment. Also responsible for define the services provided and maintain agreed upon service levels for the availability of these systems
* Upgrade the collabration infrastructure to stay up-to date with supportable versions. Also introduce new feature/functionality as appropriate to improve the user experience, reliability and efficiencies
* Have a very strong working knowledge and experience managing Cisco Call Manager (CUCM), Cloud Based call centers (Ex. Five9), TelePresence, SIP and H.323 trunking and Avaya Communication Manager solutions
* Ability to troubleshoot complex problems involving different technology teams using structured troubleshooting approach.
* Ability to manage partners, service providers and vendors who provide collaboration infrastructure services. Also have the ability to review and negotiate Statement of work and contracts/pricing with these partners/service providers and vendors.
* Capacity planning for trunking needs, Voice infrastructure, TelePresence bridging resources etc.
* Performance evaluation of the Converged communication team members and manage the team performance to the highest standards with continuous improvements and consistent feedback.
* Assist Director of Global network services manage Telecommunication and TelePresence budgets
Education /Experience/Key Competencies:
4 year college degree preferably a technical degree (Computer Science or Engineering)
Cisco Certifications preferred CCNA, CCVP Cisco certifications
7+ year s hands-on experience with Cisco and Avaya communication equipment design/configuration/management, 3 year experience in TelePresence, Good knowledge in Cisco router/switch configuration/Quality of Service
Strong project management experience
Why Stanley Black & Decker?
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more!
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law