Manager/Director, Software Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
MANAGER/DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Salesforce is looking for a Manager/Director to lead our software engineering teams. We need someone who is technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative and passionate about the product and our customers.
IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN:
* Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
* Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
* Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
* Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for no more than two engineering teams
* Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities , tradeoffs and risk
* Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
* Empowering the delivery team to self organize
* Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members' success
* Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
* Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
* Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
* Participating in architecture discussions and planning
* Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
* Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
* Occasionally contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
* 3+ years experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
* 2+ years experience as a ScrumMaster of one or more fast-paced & dynamic engineering teams
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
* Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
* Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that's been released for public consumption
* Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience with Agile development methodologies. ScrumMaster experience required
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.